Can you edit a repeat of an already submitted record?

07-24-2018 02:28 PM
ElbaMolina
Esri Contributor

Can you edit a repeat of an already submitted record??

I'm using Survey123 Version 3.0.132 for IOS 11.3.1

Apparently not, because when I try to edit the sent survey data with the option "Edit and resend survey", the first group of answers dissapear, only shows the second group (iterated 2 times)

0 Kudos
17 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Elba,

Can you please confirm whether or not there is a relevant question within the repeat?  If possible, it would also be helpful to have a copy of your XLSForm.  You can upload it to this thread or send it to me in a private GeoNet message after clicking on my name.

Thanks,

Brandon

0 Kudos
ElbaMolina
Esri Contributor

Hello Brandon,

I foundthis topic and followed as what Ismael said:

https://community.esri.com/thread/189915-repeats  

"If you want to have a quick look at a survey with a repeat, do  the following:

In Survey123 Connect, select New Survey and pick the Community category, then select the Polio survey."

I tried with this XLSForm, I didn't modify it just take and used it, everything was going fine until I needed to edit de survey.

I client ask us about this issue and we did tests about it.

We replicate the same issue.

Thanks and regards

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Elba,

This behavior appears to be related to the relevant statement that has been applied to the repeat, or any questions within the repeat.  When attempting to edit, although it appears that the data in the first record is not there, it is simply the appearance.  This means the data initially submitted will still be written to the feature service, and viewable in the Survey123 website.  In addition, assuming that you have enabled editing on the repeat, you can still alter the values within the  first record of the repeat and when re-submitting they will update the feature service.

Having said that, this behavior is a bug, and we will be looking to resolve it in the near future.

Please let me know if you have any questions related to this information.

Best,

Brandon

ElbaMolina
Esri Contributor

Hi Brandon!

Thanks for your explanation.

Do you have the number of the bug?

We sent this case to Esri’s technical support, but they still haven’t answered about this issue, nobody took this case and we have to give an update to our client.

If you know the number of the bug, I’ll be grateful.

Thanks and regards

Elba

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Elba,

Please direct the analyst to review this GeoNet post as a guide for logging a bug on the technical support side.  

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Please note that we have added a fix for records not appearing in the first repeat when made relevant and accessed through sent, drafts, outbox, and Inbox. It is available for testing through the Beta version on EAC: Welcome to our Feedback Community 

0 Kudos
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

Has this bug been fixed?

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

A fix for the repeat issue is now available on EAC: Welcome to our Feedback Community 

Please download the release candidate and test your survey.

Thanks

John

deleted-user-AHEapLrN7M1u
New Contributor II

Hello,

We are still dealing with the error that the original questions addressed. We have 4 fields in a repeat and need to be able to edit all 4 of them. 3 of the fields are related via cascading select and when revisiting a records using the inbox only the 'most nested' field has a values. I see that it was mentioned earlier in the thread that it is a visual bug and the values are actually there, but I don't think this is the case for us. When we try re-submit a record using the inbox it does not work since only one of the values in the cascading select is populated. All 3 fields in the repeat are required and since there isn't a value in the first 2 fields submitting the form is not possible.

I have tried to attach an image showing the error that we are encountering.

In the image titled EditingRepeats_Error1 I've tried to show what our users see when they open an already submitted record.

In the image titled EditingRepeats_Error2 I've tried to show what the fields should look like when someone is editing an existing site (ideally).

Any help is appreciated.

Matt

EditingRepeats_Error1

EditingRepeats_Error2

0 Kudos