Can you edit a repeat of an already submitted record?

07-24-2018 02:28 PM
ElbaMolina
Esri Contributor

Can you edit a repeat of an already submitted record??

I'm using Survey123 Version 3.0.132 for IOS 11.3.1

Apparently not, because when I try to edit the sent survey data with the option "Edit and resend survey", the first group of answers dissapear, only shows the second group (iterated 2 times)

0 Kudos
17 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mathew

Could you please share your survey with me?

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
deleted-user-AHEapLrN7M1u
New Contributor II

Hi John,

See attached.

Matt

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you also confirm the app version number you were testing? The survey looks to be working for me.

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Hi John,

The app version that I am using is 3.0.149 and the AppFramework version is 3.1.113

The survey itself has been edited using Connect version 3.1.126

The app is currently being used by a high number of field employees, I do not know what version each of them is using.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mathew

We have just released version 3.2 of the app - please update to this version to resolve your issue.

Thanks

John

New Contributor II

Hi John,

Updating the Survey123 app solved the problem. Thanks for all of the help!

Matt

0 Kudos
OrçunAkkay
New Contributor III

Hello, I have an issue. I am using repeats in my excel form of survey. I have added "allowUpdate=true" field to the form. I can make updates from the mobile application but i can not do that in web. Is there a way to edit existing data in webpage? 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Orcun,

Yes, you can also edit a survey via the web app using web app URL parameters. See the documentation here Integrate with other apps—ArcGIS Survey123 | Documentation and this great blog post for more information: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2019/02/06/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-web-form-u....

You can also edit a survey via the Data tab of the Survey123 website. If you select a record in the data table, you will see a preview of the survey record on the right hand side, and an edit pencil button that allows editing the survey record.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos