Can you change Survey 123 default ESRI World Geocoder service to something else?

11-19-2020 06:33 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

After further testing of the map question in Survey123, it appears that it is using the World Geocoder.  Is there any way for a public survey to use our organization's geocoder instead of the World Geocoder?  Or at the very least in addition to?  The World Geocoder doesn't find half the addresses in our county.  It is woefully out of date (by many years). Our geocoder finds every address in our county and has suggestions.  This is a deal breaker for using the map question for us.  Is there a way to use our geocoder and not the ESRI World geocoder?  TIA!

I did post this same question here back in August but no replies: 

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/pulling-data-from-geopoint-questions/ba-p/896838...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

@Anonymous User 

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/understanding-reverse-geocoding-in-survey123-3-0/ba-p/891644

Found this in the post linked above.

"The default locator service for your organization will be used when reverse geocoding. To use a different locator service, enter the locator URL as an optional parameter into the function with the format pulldata("@geopoint",${location},"reversegeocode",${locatorURL}). If the service is secured, a proxy item must be configured with access credentials saved in it. For more information, see Requirements for configuring your own locators for ArcGIS Online, or Configure utility services with your portal for ArcGIS Enterprise."

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks so much for replying to my post!  We are not reverse geocoding but rather using the geopoint question to geocode on the front end in the survey (if that makes sense).  I do have our organization's geocoder set up as default and it still won't use anything but the World Geocoder.  We have added or modified thousands of addresses in the last year alone and the World Geocoder can't find any of them. The geopoint question doesn't give me the option (that I can see) to set the geocoder to our default.

0 Kudos