can you attached a kml to survey123

08-31-2017 03:27 PM
NancyElliot
New Contributor

Hello - I understand that Survey123 is point data collection only. However, if users collect a track in a different app, is there a way to attached that KML/KMZ file to the Survey123 form? (or...is there a way to attach an external file to Survey123 form that isn't an image?)? thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nancy - currently it is not possible to attach non image/audio files to a survey. We do have this down as an enhancement request and I have added your case to it.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
Taku_RiverTlingit
New Contributor III

Hey,
it would also be really valuable for my current job if it was possible to attach kml files to survey 123. For my job I am dealing with land use applications and we receive the project location usually as a kml file. I am currently setting up a survey in survey123 to collect a bunch of data on this application, e.g., when was the application received, for what land use is it etc.. And as said before, it would be great if I could not only attach the application as pdf to the survey, but also the kml file.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Christine,

How would you use the KML file in the survey?  Would you want it on top of the map?

0 Kudos
Taku_RiverTlingit
New Contributor III

Hello James,

yes, I'd like the kml to show up on top of the map. So instead of having a placemark show up, indicating just one specific point, it would show up a polygon (or whatever the kml file contains) instead. Ideally, it would be possible to have BOTH a placemark for a general location within the polygon AND the kml polygon, but if I only one is possible, I'd rather have the polygon.
I hope that answers your question. Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Christine,

You may want to look at the support for polygons introduced in Survey123 3.6.  One thing you could do is have a polygon question that is populated based on the id.

0 Kudos