Can view the attachment in Survey123 from workforce

07-05-2020 08:41 PM
BalanmuruganThurmalingam
New Contributor II

Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to integrate Workforce and Survey123 so that the attachments which i attach in Workforce can be view in Survey123 form.? 

First i will create a assignment in Workforce with attachment of photo. Then the field worker will open workforce and click open in survey123 the assignment. So in survey123 form they can see the attachment from workforce.

it is possible?

Thanks

4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

Did you consider to create the assignment from Survey 123 app? for more information please see the following link

Workforce and Survey123: Creating assignments in the field 

It might help you to achieve what you want.

If this answer solved your question or if you found it helpful please mark it accordingly to help others who have the same question.

BalanmuruganThurmalingam
New Contributor II

Actually i create assignment in workforce and add attachment then assign to fieldworker. So the fieldworker will view his assignment in workforce then select option "Survey at Assignment". It will bring to survey123 form, so in the form i want it populate information and attachment from workforce.

The link u given didn't show how to populate the attachment in Survey123 from workforce.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you use the described method in that thread, it will let you to combine the workforce assignment and your survey from in one place, without any need to use two apps. your users will be able to see all the information and create the assignments with the attachment in the same place,I'm not sure If this is will be fine with workflow though.

you can integrate the two apps and pass some of the information for your project from the advanced option tab. keep in mind that the attachment field is not listed for this option, that's why I suggested the other workflow.

or have a look on the following thread which describe how you can pass some information to your survey from, maybe you can test that with the attachments field. Prepopulate answers—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

If this answer solved your question or if you found it helpful please mark it accordingly to help others who have the same question.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I don't believe this is possible as per the documentation:
FAQ for project owners—Workforce for ArcGIS | Documentation 

You can also pass the GlobalID, assignment ID, and location to particular questions in Survey123

Custom URL schemes with parameters, say launched from a Collector pop-up, can pass text/field values but not feature attachments. I recall there also being limitations regarding opening attachments via the Survey123 inbox if we were looking to follow a more complex workflow.

I'd suggest taking an alternative approach. Nothing particularly comes to mind. I'd recommend having an ArcGIS Idea created and add your business/workflow/value context to support it.

Cheers,

Chris