Can the media folder be moved to a network location?

04-29-2020 12:13 PM
AmyCalahan3
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am developing a few surveys in Connect, hosted within our Enterprise Portal/SDE.  I would like to chage the location of the Media folder for my pulldata() lookup csv files from my personal work area to our network.

Is this even possible, or do the tables have to be hosted in my Survey Designs folders on my personal workstation? If so, how?  I'd rather not put all the look-up information directly into my surveys, as I don't want to bog them down, but I'm wondering if this is my only solution.

Thanks for any info/advice!

Amy

4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Amy,

No, this is not possible, the media folder must be inside the survey folder, as this folder is zipped up and included in the Form item when the survey is published. It is not possible to change its location outside of the survey design folder, otherwise when published, the survey would not function correctly.

Regards,

Phil.

AmyCalahan3
New Contributor II

Thanks for the confirmation Philip!

0 Kudos
AmyCalahan3
New Contributor II

Can you move the entire survey design folder to a different location?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Amy,

No, the location of the Survey123 Designs and Survey folder is also currently not configurable and must be in the default location. This has been previously raised as enhancement ENH-000105975, if you would like to contact Esri Support you can also add your account to this enhancement request.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos