Can't Sign In with Survey123

Jump to solution
07-09-2018 01:57 PM
MarkNorbury2
New Contributor III

I'm using Survey123 Connect 3.0 with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5.1. When I click the link in the top right corner to 'Sign In' nothing happens. Survey123 Connect just doesn't respond.

If I open one of my surveys and try the similar link in the bottom left corner to 'Sign In' again nothing happens.

If I change over to my ArcGIS Online portal and then try the Sign In link, still nothing happens.  It's not working with any of my portals.

These links were working OK in the previous version of Survey123. I upgraded to 3.0 on 6th July 2018 shortly after it was released.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Tags (2)
33 Replies
GaryBowles1
Occasional Contributor III

This fixed the same issue for me also.

Thanks Claire,

--gary

0 Kudos
GaryBowles1

This works but it appears that i have to remove the survey123 connect credentials from the credentials manager every time i open survey123 connect. Has this been seen by anyone else and is this being looked at?

Thanks,

--gary

0 Kudos
RithysakSorn1
New Contributor

Solved! I can sign in now.

Thanks Claire.

IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Andrew, Chris, Mark.

As we try to figure out the source of this problem...  Did you have Survey123 3.0 Beta installed in the machine prior to installing the final release?

0 Kudos
AndrewMcClary1
New Contributor II

No survey123 Beta for me either. 

Here is what I've figured out for this issue:

1. If I clear the credentials from Windows Vault everything works normally the first time I re-open Connect

2. If I log onto ArcGIS.com rather than our enterprise portal there are no issues

3. When I log onto our enterprise portal two identical Generic Credentials are created in Windows Vault

4. If I then close and re-open Survey123 Connect without signing out the log on button no longer functions until I delete those credentials and re-open Connect 

5. If I log onto our enterprise portal but sign out before closing Connect those credentials are gone and there are no issues

Based on this it appears the issue can be addressed by making sure to sign out before closing Survey123 Connect 3.0 if you are using an enterprise portal

0 Kudos
AndrewMcClary1
New Contributor II

As a follow up this is reproducible across different computers and on Windows 7 and Windows 10

0 Kudos
ChrisRoberts2

I have been able to replicate this as well.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Chris,

Yes, we have an open issue for this and will be working to resolve as soon as possible. As mentioned above, please delete any existing entries in the Windows Credential Manager via Control Panel for Survey123 App and Connect, and the sign in should work as normal again.

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andrew,

Yes, we have an open issue for this and will be working to resolve as soon as possible. As mentioned above, please delete any existing entries in the Windows Credential Manager via Control Panel for Survey123 App and Connect, and the sign in should work as normal again.

Phil.

0 Kudos
ChrisRoberts2

No, not I.

I hadn't got around to installing and testing the Beta version.

Just to add to Claire previous question.  I had two Enterprise Portal urls added, and the ArcGIS online, although i never logged in using ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos