Can't see my survey data on arcgis online

Jump to solution
12-06-2021 12:25 PM
GisAdmin6
New Contributor II

Hi! i'm having problem accessing my surveys data on arcgis online. When i try to see the data on map viewer nothing appears. These only happens with the surveys that i have created with XLSforms, the ones that i have created on the web app work fine. Does someone know how to resolve this situation? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

So it appears to be an AGOL issue if you fixed any issue in Survey123.

I have a suspicion the error is because you are using special characters in your field names-- you have accent marks on some letters (e.g. Razón). I'd suggest creating new fields without the accent marks or any other special character(s). Have you seen this help doc? https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000016280

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

Could you explain your survey and data a bit more? If you don't have a map question your data might be showing up at 0,0 (over near Africa) when you view it in the map viewer.

0 Kudos
GisAdmin6
New Contributor II

Yes, i have a map question. I think there is a setting or an error on my xlsform because when i export or see my data on survey 123 it has all the responses, but when i try to open it on the 'open in map viewer' or on mi content on arcgis online it says 'Accesing data failed'.

Thnxs

0 Kudos
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

Ok, I'm trying to fill in the blanks. Hit save in your XLSForm. If you don't already have it open, open your survey in Survey123 Connect app. Do you see any errors? Or when you Publish your survey to AGOL from Connect are you seeing any errors?

JaredPilbeam2_1-1638893748369.png

0 Kudos
GisAdmin6
New Contributor II

I opened the xlsform and there was an error in a label. I changed it and published the survey again, everyting worked without errors, but im still having the same problem.

The picture attached is the message that appears wen i try to open the data on map viewer.

0 Kudos
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

So it appears to be an AGOL issue if you fixed any issue in Survey123.

I have a suspicion the error is because you are using special characters in your field names-- you have accent marks on some letters (e.g. Razón). I'd suggest creating new fields without the accent marks or any other special character(s). Have you seen this help doc? https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000016280

0 Kudos
GisAdmin6
New Contributor II

Great thanks!