Can't export S1213 feature service (Failed to export error)

03-21-2019 11:21 AM
RobBlash
Occasional Contributor III

I get this error when trying to export to a file GDB from the Survey123 site. If I try to export the feature service from ArcGIS online site it generated an empty zip file. I get errors with multiple surveys, tried chrome and edge.

Anyone else?

James Tedrick‌ is this a new issue after the AGOL update on the 19th? My last successful export was on 3/18

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Rob,

The Survey123 Export functionality is using the same resource that ArcGIS Online uses when exporting - if it's failing in ArcGIS Online, it will fail in Survey123.  I'm not aware of an issue regarding export - I would file a technical support case on this.

0 Kudos
RobBlash

FYI it's a bug (BUG-000121105).

As far as I can tell this was introduced with the 3/19 AGOL update (tech could not confirm, but I didnt have this issue exporting on 3/18). I'm not too pleased with Esri at the moment as this is the 3rd recent issue I'm facing directly related to updates.

This is particularly egregious because we (meaning the entire Esri user community) have no other way to back up data from ArcGIS online.

0 Kudos
ZoeGoodyear2
New Contributor II

I too am experiencing the same issue.  This only started 5/23/2019, the day prior to this I had no trouble exporting the data.  Has there been any update regarding this bug?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Zoe,

The Survey123 website was updated on 5/23.  If you haven't already, could you try clearing your cache and reloading the website to see if it clears the issue?

0 Kudos
ZoeGoodyear2
New Contributor II

Hi James, 

I have cleared my cache.  The issue is still persisting. 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Zoe,

As I mentioned above in another comment, this is using an ArcGIS Online service (export data); just to make sure, are you able to export from the Item Details page for the service?  I might suggest filing an issue with Esri Support.  

0 Kudos
RobBlash

James Tedrick‌ I too am unable to export to file GDB from the survey123 site (see attached error message), though I am able to export the HFS directly from the AGOL site. This is only happening for some surveys.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Rob,

It might be best to open a support ticket - they can work with you to record what exactly is occurring that is causing the export to fail.

0 Kudos