Select to view content in your preferred language

Can surveys created with web designer be used as templates?

01-19-2024 09:57 AM
TimothyKing2
New Contributor III

I posted a survey that i created with web designer in a folder that I then checked in settings to be used as containing templates but it did not show up when I tried to create a new survey.  

0 Kudos
4 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Yep. Just add the survey created this way to your "templates" Group same as a survey created in Connect

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I'll also add that a template create in Web Designer can be used as a template in either Web Designer or Connect; however, a template created in Connect can only be used in Connect (at least apparently - I tend to avoid Web Designer, but that is the functionality I am seeing).

0 Kudos
TimothyKing2
New Contributor III

Thanks!  I still am unable to see it when I do that. May need to play with it a little bit.  I am pretty impressed with the new functionality of the web designer.  I really like connect for how much more functionality but the ability to take a survey without having the field app is very hand imho.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Did you "Publish" the survey you are trying to make into a template?

After publishing, you should see it in Portal. All I did was go to Portal > jump into my "S123 Templates" group > "Content" tab > add the "Form" of my test survey published in the Web Designer.

After that, it was available as a template in the Web Designer (but not Connect).

0 Kudos