Can Survey123 show multiple separated locations within one map?

08-19-2019 12:24 AM
JamesBailey
Occasional Contributor

Hi

I have a use case which I am not sure Survey123 can address.

My scenario is multiple staff will be travelling to hundreds of remote locations across a very large area with no internet connection at these remote locations.

Is it possible to have a singular map with most of it being blank while hundreds of remote locations having satellite imagery? I hope my diagram below explains my preferred end product.

I hope this is possible within Survey123 or another esri product.

Much appreciated

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi James,

The release of Survey123 3.6 will include significant enhancements to working with existing web maps and offline maps (mmpk’s, vtpk’s, and tpks).  This means that many capabilities that exist when working with these datasets will be possible for use in an offline environment for Survey123.

Something of interest to you may be the ability to create map areas using existing web maps in ArcGIS Online for preparation of taking web maps offline.  Take a look here...

Take web maps offline—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

The combination of preparing offline areas using existing web maps and imagery would then allow you to download these maps into the Survey123 Field App.  

I would highly recommend taking a look at this capability as it exists now, via the Survey123 Early Adopter Community. You can find the 3.6 Beta release and an outline for the feature in “Enhanced Map Support” in the Documentation section.

Let us know how it works for you!

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos