Can Survery123 update a subset of fields and not all?

03-10-2020 09:44 AM
ChristopherDufault
Esri Contributor

I have a master survey that has 3 different types of users who are supporting the survey. Each user group have different levels of access to the survey based on need to know information for each survey.  We have Portal groups for all 3 types of users giving access to specified fields in the FeatureClass that the survey is feeding and updating to. Each group is only allowed to see a sub set of all fields except for the Admin group. When I populate the survey I can make the JS Query to the feature class knowing what level the user has access to. I then only pull down the fields that user can access and populate the survey with the data they are authorized to see and update. The main question here is this. 

When the user submits the survey is there a way for Survey123 to only update the fields that the user has access to? Is there a setting or some other tags we can add to our survey to do this by default for each user type? We are trying to keep it all in 1 survey instead of having to make 3 different surveys to accomplish this one task. I appreciate any help you can send my way. Also if this is in the beta and how to use it in beta would be useful also. Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Christopher,

This is not currently possible, all fields in the survey will be submitted as per the schema of the survey (either with values or as null values). You would need to create 3 separate surveys and remove the questions you do not want included if you want to exclude fields from sending real or null values.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos