Can spinner be limited to positive values only?

Jump to solution
03-09-2022 08:36 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know this is an old post (at the link below), but I just wanted to check if this is still the case - that the spinner cannot be limited to positive values only? Thank you!

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/limit-spinner-appearance-to-positive-intege...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LeonardBarnhill
Occasional Contributor

I found a possible solution while investigating calculations using XLSXForm. 

Use the formula .>=0 and .<100 in the constraint field.  If the user enters a value outside of the range 0-99 the question will be highlighted in red and the form cannot not be submitted - see the screenshots below.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LeonardBarnhill
Occasional Contributor

I found a possible solution while investigating calculations using XLSXForm. 

Use the formula .>=0 and .<100 in the constraint field.  If the user enters a value outside of the range 0-99 the question will be highlighted in red and the form cannot not be submitted - see the screenshots below.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great, this worked! I did not want to limit the number that can be entered, so I only entered .>=0, which works fine for what I need. It still allows the spinner to go into negative numbers, but as you mentioned the form can't be submitted until that is corrected, so that will work fine. Thank you!

0 Kudos
LeonardBarnhill
Occasional Contributor

I am real happy it worked for you.  You could add a statement in the hint field to remind users that negative numbers are not allowed. For example <div style=“font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; color:orange;”>Negative values will not be accepted</div>

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I entered a constraint message that will prompt users to correct any negative numbers. Thanks again!

0 Kudos