Can Not Edit Sent Survey in Survey123 App

04-12-2022 06:47 AM
CN
by
New Contributor III

A weird issue (never seen before) has recently come up with a client of ours.  The Edit and resend option is no longer available.  I've suggested about everything i know....we've tried "fix database", "reinitialize database", deleted and reinstalling the app, etc, etc....nothing works.  The interesting item I was provided her login credentials and I was able to create a survey and then later WAS able to edit and resend it....Nothing has changed recently with the group setting, the sharing, the Feature service or form....the only thing that has been recent is the significant ArcGIS Online update.  Below is a screenshot....What would cause the option to just disappear on her device.  So weird! Maybe i've overlooked something....Any feedback is appreciated. 

CN_0-1649771227691.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @CN

If the survey was published from Connect 3.14 this is expected. With 3.14 we've made some changes to feature services published from Connect to provide the most security on the service. Once of these changes is disabling editing of sent surveys by default. 

To reenable editing sent surveys you'll need to go to the Options tab in Connect and enable edit for Sent surveys and republish the form. After that you will also need to go to the Survey123 website and on the Collaborate tab under What can submitters do, select "Add and update records". 

Please see this link for more information: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/publishsurvey.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_5B5B8DFF8...

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
WillWoodroof
New Contributor III

Hey Zach,

I'm having an issue where I am able to see "Edit and Resend" is available in Sent folder. However, when I pull up the record to edit in the field app, nothing is editable. I can't change and of the values. I published the survey using Connect 3.13 and I have "Options>Enable Sent Folder and Allow sent surveys to be edited and resent" Also, I have enabled  on Survey123 website on the Collaborate tab under What can submitters do, select "Add and update records". Any other settings I need to check to allow editors to edit and resend sent surveys?

Thanks you,

Will

0 Kudos
Bio_GIS
New Contributor III

Hello Will,

We are having a similar issue on our end, but it is only affecting our single_select questions. Were you able to figure out a solution?

Best,

Kiersten

0 Kudos
chill_gis_dude
New Contributor III

Was this issue ever addressed? None of our users are able to edit sent surveys even with the option enabled in survey123 connect.

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @chill_gis_dude

Please check the editing settings on the feature layer to ensure users have access to editing data: 

ZacharySutherby_0-1706920685667.png

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
chill_gis_dude
New Contributor III

Hi Zachary, I fixed it. It was adding "allowUpdates=true" to the "bind::esri:parameters" column, including the on the repeat lines.