Can I use the Inbox function to copy records, but submit as a new record?

10-11-2018 07:51 AM
JeremyJohnson5
New Contributor III

Is it possible to utilize the inbox in Survey123 to pull in the attribute information so that it can be updated and resubmitted as a new feature.  That way I could build a historical record of an asset being inspected without having to repopulate the information each time.

5 Replies
OrrinBabcock
New Contributor III

I would like to see this function become available as well. I like how it works with Sent surveys, but that only works if you sent the survey from your device. Accessing surveys from the Inbox would allow other users to be able to copy the data over and do a follow up survey instead of requiring the original user to do so.

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jeremey, Orrin,

Thank you for suggesting this enhancement; I've logged it to consider in the future.  You may want to add to teh existing ArcGIS Idea for this at https://community.esri.com/ideas/14133 

0 Kudos
PhilipMarty
New Contributor III

I would also like to see this if it's not done yet. Our sales team uses Survey123 and often their customer is submitting a standing order that they'd like to be able to query in the inbox and copy to a new submission. We just had to re-publish to a new survey after adding some fields, so they lost the functionality of the sent surveys box. I love that I can append the old data and have it show up in the new survey inbox, but it'd be great if we could copy that to a new survey. Thanks

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Would you be able to open the survey from the Inbox, and then resend the form without applying any edits; as this puts the form into the sent folder, and then create a copy of that sent form? Not sure how your forms are setup or the backend management of the data, but this is the quick workaround that we use for this need.

AS A WARNING - It will adjust the "Editor" and "Edit Date" fields that are maintained by AGOL when you resubmit the form from the original submitter to the person that resends it.

0 Kudos
PhilipMarty
New Contributor III

Thank you for the suggestion. This does work as a workaround for now.

0 Kudos