Can I use a response value from a previous question for a name field

Jump to solution
07-30-2019 04:11 PM
CPoynter
Occasional Contributor III

Is it possible to use a value from a previous response for input as a name field in a following question?

If possible, what expressions would be required?

Craig

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Craig,

By name field do you mean the name column in the xlsx form survey sheet (the field name in the feature layer)? Is so the answer is no, this can not be dynamic and calculated based on the answer to another question. When you publish the survey the database schema is created and the field names and properties are set. These can not be changed without affecting the underlying feature layer.

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Craig,

By name field do you mean the name column in the xlsx form survey sheet (the field name in the feature layer)? Is so the answer is no, this can not be dynamic and calculated based on the answer to another question. When you publish the survey the database schema is created and the field names and properties are set. These can not be changed without affecting the underlying feature layer.

Phil.

0 Kudos
CPoynter
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Phil,

Thought that might have been the case. I noticed that whatever I used in the 'name' field was captured in the name of my photo, so was hoping to capture site_id into photo 'name'.

Craig

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Craig,

Currently there is no way to set the file name of a photo by an expression that references the value from another question. We have an open enhancement in our backlog to support such a feature, as it is requested often. There is no timeline on implementation but something we are aiming for a future release.

In the meantime the only way to change the name of a photo is by manually editing the name once the photo is added to the survey.

Phil.

0 Kudos