Can I share update ability on a Survey in Connect?

Jump to solution
09-18-2018 08:33 AM
ElliottPlack1
New Contributor III

I want to share a survey that I created and published out of Survey123 Connect v3.x with a colleague. We collaborate on maintenance of the form.

I gave him a copy of the survey folder out of the My Survey Designs folder but when he is signed into Connect, it is absent. We then tried removing the "iteminfo" to allow publishing but we get an error after Connect checks the existing service. The form shared to a group with `members may update items` permissions.

Is there a way to allow another AGOL user to submit changes to an existing form?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. The behavior you describe is expected.

Having two separate named users making changes to the same survey is not supported. This technical limitation is rooted in how items are managed in ArcGIS.

When you first copied the project,  the survey folder carried over the iteminfo file which indicates who is the owner of the survey. Once signed-in Connect will hide all surveys you do not own to prevent you from overwriting surveys from others.

After removing the iteminfo file, you temporarily tricked Connect, but when Connect attempts to make updates on the Form and Feature service items it fails, because ArcGIS does not allow edits in these items unless you own them.

There is really no way, to my knowledge, for two different accounts to effectively collaborate with updates to the same survey.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. The behavior you describe is expected.

Having two separate named users making changes to the same survey is not supported. This technical limitation is rooted in how items are managed in ArcGIS.

When you first copied the project,  the survey folder carried over the iteminfo file which indicates who is the owner of the survey. Once signed-in Connect will hide all surveys you do not own to prevent you from overwriting surveys from others.

After removing the iteminfo file, you temporarily tricked Connect, but when Connect attempts to make updates on the Form and Feature service items it fails, because ArcGIS does not allow edits in these items unless you own them.

There is really no way, to my knowledge, for two different accounts to effectively collaborate with updates to the same survey.

ElliottPlack1
New Contributor III

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I will figure out another way.

0 Kudos