Can I retain existing values under different relevant conditions?

Jump to solution
09-26-2022 11:59 AM
KerryKang
Occasional Contributor III

Hello all, 

I have one question that controls three question groups using relevant. My goal is retaining all answers in each group no matter what value is selected in the main question, but it does not seem working that way.

Is there way I can retain existing values? or not using 'relevant' but somehow hiding the question in a different way?

Here are questions and scenario we'd like to use:

- Question 'Hazard Status' has three choices: Reported, Under review, Remove/Cleared.

- 'Reported' is expected to be used for initial data collection

- 'Under review' and 'Removed/Cleared' are expected to be used during review process using collected data (edit existing survey).

- Each answer of Hazard Status will bring a group of questions to capture organization, name, contact, and comments using 'Relevant'

KerryKang_0-1664217873736.png

- Let's say someone collected data using 'Reported' status and entered all relevant information.

- During review, another person opened the submitted record using the form (either inbox/edit records), and updated its status to 'Under review' and entered his/her information and comments.

- Since 'Reported' is not selected anymore, it erased field worker's organization, name, contact and comments information entered under 'Reported'.

- We'd like to keep all information to see how hazard has been reported and cleared for data management perspective. 

Thank you.

Kerry

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can use the new body::esri:visible column for this.  It works like relevant true/false but it only hides the field from the user and retains all values vs relevant which sets to blank on a hide.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can use the new body::esri:visible column for this.  It works like relevant true/false but it only hides the field from the user and retains all values vs relevant which sets to blank on a hide.

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
KerryKang
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you Doug for your suggestion. It worked perfectly for my scenario. I've copied an old survey form and the visible field was completely missing and could not think about it at all. 

Kerry