Can I rename past surveys - preferably in Batch

Jump to solution
01-14-2021 08:45 AM
LeonardBarnhill
Occasional Contributor

I have a survey built using Connect version 3.12. 195 beta and field app version 3.12.233 on IOS.  The survey links to an existing feature service on Enterprise Portal  version 19.8.1.  The feature service is published from a SQL Server 2016 database

Procedure - I open the survey on IOS then click the Inbox/Refresh to load past surveys.  The Inbox opens with a list of surveys that were poorly named in previous versions of Survey123.  Can I rename these previous surveys using fields from the survey in a batch process?  How would I do this?  Where is this name stored?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @LeonardBarnhill ,

Depending on how you can determine the new name, there are two methods:

1. Update the submission_url expression. The name for an entry in the Inbox is based on the submission_url setting of the form using the values of questions (fields). If there are alternative fields that would better represent an entry, you can update the submission_url to use those values and then republish the form.

2. Update the data of the entries.  You can update the values in the table outside of Survey123 using the Calculate Fields GP tool or other editing tools.  You would need to determine what the appropriate 'good name' is (either hard-coded or based on the existing values).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @LeonardBarnhill ,

Depending on how you can determine the new name, there are two methods:

1. Update the submission_url expression. The name for an entry in the Inbox is based on the submission_url setting of the form using the values of questions (fields). If there are alternative fields that would better represent an entry, you can update the submission_url to use those values and then republish the form.

2. Update the data of the entries.  You can update the values in the table outside of Survey123 using the Calculate Fields GP tool or other editing tools.  You would need to determine what the appropriate 'good name' is (either hard-coded or based on the existing values).