Can I recover a deleted Survey 123 connect xlsx form from my local drive?

10-19-2020 10:56 PM
JoseBarrios1
Occasional Contributor III

I accidentally deleted a survey (using Survey123 connect) that I have been working for months and I am hoping that there is a way to recover the xlsx file from my local computer. I'm not sure how it happen, but I saved the wrong survey folder from Survey123 using the folder (File) icon from the Survey123  connect App. Does anyone know if a recovery at this point is possible? A definitely nightmare, lesson learned!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jose,

No, it is not possible to recover the survey design folder and subfolder/files for that survey from within Connect. When you do a delete, and as per the warning message and press and hold to confirm delete, it will be permanently deleted both locally and from your ArcGIS organisation.

That being said, if you are using backup software for your computer, or your company IT has backup software running that automatically backs up your user home folder, you should be able to recover those folders and files, as they are stored in C:\Users\{username}\ArcGIS\My Survey Designs\. This is a common location often automatically backed up by IT deptartment and off the shelf software.

If your survey was already published and was in AGO, you can contact Esri Support to see if they can recover your survey and the associated Form items, Feature Service etc. If you are using Enterprise, you would need to contact your ArcGIS Administrator to see if they can recover your deleted data.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
JoseBarrios1
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Philip,

Unfortunately, we don't have backup system on my agency, in particular now that everyone is working from home. I was able to recover the form and some files from the Survey that was downloaded on the mobile device. Thanks once again for your help!

Cheers,

JB

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Jose Barrios‌  If you happen to still have your survey in a phone or tablet, you can recover the XLSFile. In iOS, for example, you can use the Files app to get to the Survey123 directory, then ArcGIS - My Surveys.  The process is similar in Android.  If you have the Survey123 app on Windows, you can go to C:/users/<user>/arcgis/mysurveys