Can I make answers disappear from following questions if they're selected for another?

07-09-2019 12:36 PM
LeifJohnson3
Occasional Contributor II

I'm making a survey that will have three separate, "select multiple" questions.  Question one asks the submitter to select which answers are a high priority, question two asks them to select answers that are a medium priority, and question three is low priority.  All three questions will have the same answers available and I'm wondering if, for example, someone selects one of the answers as a high priority that that potential answer can then be removed from the other two questions and so on?

The list of answers is fairly long making it hard to go back and forth to see what you've already prioritized in previous questions so I was hoping to make that a little easier by having answers you've already used disappear.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Leif

Thanks for your query. It sounds like cascading selects is what you're after, however this is not currently supported for select_multiple questions (only works with select_one). We have an open enhancement request to extend this functionality to select_multiple questions; I will add your case to it and endeavour to keep this thread updated with any progress.

Best regards,

Jim

0 Kudos
LeifJohnson3

Thank you so much Jim.  I really appreciate it and think it would be a helpful feature.

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This is a very common question on the forum.  What I do is let them pick twice but then have a constraint that yells at them when they do.  Works fine.

LeifJohnson3

Thanks for the reply Doug.  So you just put a constraint on the following questions that will remind them that they've already picked that answer previously?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yep.  So like this.  This is Field Lower3 checking the 2 above it.

.!=${Lower1} and .!=${Lower2}

0 Kudos