Can I Integrate Survey123 with an AGOL App?

01-07-2020 03:52 PM
LeviCecil
Occasional Contributor III

I have an AGOL app that uses the district lookup widget to find school attendance areas. Users enter their address, and the relevant school boundaries and contact information are displayed. I'd like to create a Survey123 form where users can enter their name and address, the address is fed to the web map with the district lookup, and the result is returned to our ArcGIS Server as an address point with the relevant schools data. Is this possible?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LeviCecil

Related question: could I use Survey123 to trigger a geoprocessing service on our ArcGIS Server?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Levi,

The best way to arrange this workflow would be to use a webhook to trigger the analysis on survey submittal. See Webhooks—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation , Automating workflows with Survey123 and Microsoft Power Automate (fomerly known as Microsoft Flow)Sneak Peek: Survey123 and Webhooks (Integromat).  

0 Kudos
LeviCecil

Thanks! Do you mean using a webhook to trigger a geoprocessing service? Or to access the AGOL web app? 

I'm trying to add a custom geolocator from our ArcGIS server. It is currently shared on AGOL through our Portal. It is not coming up as an option in the search bar for the geopoint widget. I've shared it with my organization, and publicly, but it still doesn't show up. The three locators listed in this screenshot under the ESRI World Geocoder no longer exist. Any idea why are they showing up as options?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Levi,

Yes, I was indicating a webhook to trigger a geoprocessing service once a survey is submitted.  To do that, you would make a call to the geoprocessing service's REST endpoint using an HTTP module in the webhook provider.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

With regard to the list of locators, the locators used by Survey123 are those that have been set as locators used by your organization (part of your ArcGIS Online organization settings).

0 Kudos