Can I bulk upload csv data into existing form on Survey123

08-16-2017 07:40 AM
Oliver_Burdekin
Occasional Contributor II

I have survey data from an old survey (not created nor collected using Survey123). If I would like to port this survey over to Survey123 I believe I can upload the form itself as it was designed in XLSForm. However, can I bulk upload the survey responses we have already collected? I realise the format is different but can convert it to match the csv output of Survey123 data.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Olivier,

This can be done most easily via ArcGIS Pro - that is simply using the Append geoprocessing tool and specifying which field in the original table matches which field in the feature service that is created for Survey123.  A script could also be created using Python or other language and working with the REST API directly (the appropriate operation is ApplyEdits -  ArcGIS REST API ).

Ness2
by
New Contributor III

Hi James,

I am attempting this process however the Append tool in Pro is demanding a featureclass, table or raster as the target data set.  It is not accepting feature services.  Any suggestions? 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Vanessa,

That's interesting- I know that I've appended to a feature service before in Pro.  Could you try using the Append tools in ArcGIS Online - see What’s new with hosted feature layers: Getting to know Append Part 1 (December 2017) | ArcGIS Blog?