Can I auto-fill a value based on geopoint from Survey123?

01-18-2018 11:10 AM
CarolineRose
New Contributor III

I have a Survey123 form (created through Survey123 Connect) where users submit a point. After the form is submitted, can I automatically calculate another attribute based on that point's location? For example, can I calculate a value for a 'state' or 'county' or 'eco-region' field based on the point's intersection with a polygon layer?

I know that I could manually calculate these values in ArcGIS Pro after the submission, but I would like to set things up so it's automatically added to the feature layer when their form is submitted. Is this possible? Thanks!

13 Replies
DavidReddecliffe1
New Contributor II

Would be nice to see this function in Collector / Aurora as well.

With the ability to set a conflict buffer (distance) e.g. 5 meters so that if multiple possibilities are within said conflict buffer it prompts the user to select which features records to use.

Plenty of room for further development and implementations

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Caroline,

Currently there isn't a way to do a point in polygon lookup with Survey123.  We are looking into ways to support this.  If I might ask, in your case are you using the app or the web form?  Would this be needed for online or offline workflows?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
CarolineRose
New Contributor III

Thanks for your reply. We are primarily using the web form (after publishing from Survey123 Connect) and an online workflow. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has this been added yet?  I am looking to do the same thing.   It will be via Survey123 app on phones.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

In our Early Adopter Program, under Documentation, check the topic Custom pulldata() JavaScript Functions.  The sample provided illustrates how to perform a point-in-polygon query to retrieve attributes from a feature based on location. We would love to hear your feedback through the Early Adopter Program forum on this Beta feature.

NickDel_Cervo
New Contributor

Any word on if/when this function will be added sans JS?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nick,

Some capability for this was introduced in version 3.0 through support for reverse geocoding- see https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2018/07/06/understanding-reverse-geocoding-in-surve... (for example, ZIP, State, City can make use of this).  For other layers, some support is available as Beta functionality through the Esri Early Adopter Community.

NickDel_Cervo
New Contributor

James,

Thanks!

0 Kudos
AdamBakiera
Occasional Contributor

Good afternoon,

Are there any updates on when this will be fully supported i.e. not in beta?

Thanks!