Can a survey be set up so that another user can edit the data?

05-05-2020 07:44 AM
LindaSlattery
Occasional Contributor

I set up a survey using Survey 123 Connect and I would like to have someone else manage the data as it comes it. This involves editing the results. How do I set this up? Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
LindaSlattery
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Ismael. I enabled the Inbox in Connect but they still cannot edit. I did not use a Where clause or spatial filter, and I republished the survey (not sure if I needed to). They are accessing the data through the Survey 123 app in AGOL, and they are a Creator (Publisher) license level. What am I missing? I can edit all records, but I am the one that created the survey.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Linda,

In terms of another person editing the data after it comes in, you can set that up by sharing the survey for viewing with your user and making sure it has been set up for submittal.  Refer to Share survey results—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation .  The Inbox is designed for editing data in the field.

0 Kudos
LindaSlattery
Occasional Contributor

So the only person that can edit all of the data from the data table is the owner? Is there any way a non-owner of the data can modify a record?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Linda,

Non-owners can edit the data if you allow for that via the Collaborate tab - there is a setting for 'what can viewers edit' to select between their own records and all records.  Another way to do this would be to setup an editing-specific application (such as a Web AppBuilder app focused on editing) in ArcGIS Online and share that with the user.

0 Kudos
LindaSlattery
Occasional Contributor

James,

I don't see the setting for "what can viewers edit" in the Collaborate tab. The only option is "what can viewers see". But I created a web app and that solved my problem. Thanks for all of your help!

Linda

0 Kudos