Can a geopoint in a repeat automatically record the GPS location without selecting the GPS button?

Jump to solution
09-02-2021 12:26 PM
BethanyCrenshaw1
New Contributor III

Can a geopoint in a repeat automatically record the GPS location without selecting the GPS button?  I am using Connect version 3.12.230.

Scenario:  We use repeats to record problems of multiple assets at multiple sites.  Currently the survey assigns the location of the geopoint associated with the point collected outside of the repeats.  To update the location of the geopoint we need to select the GPS button.  I am concerned that we might forget to select that button.  Is there a way to automatically record a new GPS point when a new repeat is added in the field?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ismael
by
New Contributor II

Hi @BethanyCrenshaw1  Yes. This is possible. I am attaching an example.  I recorded the animation below while testing the form. I walked down and up the street pushing the new repeat record button when in front of a new house. As you can see, as long as a new record is added to the repeat, the geopoint question automatically loads the current location. To make it more obvious, I added a text question with a calculation to show the current location address.

I did not do anything special here. This worked well by simply adding a geopoint question within the repeat. I never had to tap on the GPS button for the geopoint question to update.

I tested this with 3.12 and the 3.13 Release Candidate from the Survey123 Early Adopter program.

Repeat Locations.gif

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ismael
by
New Contributor II

Hi @BethanyCrenshaw1  Yes. This is possible. I am attaching an example.  I recorded the animation below while testing the form. I walked down and up the street pushing the new repeat record button when in front of a new house. As you can see, as long as a new record is added to the repeat, the geopoint question automatically loads the current location. To make it more obvious, I added a text question with a calculation to show the current location address.

I did not do anything special here. This worked well by simply adding a geopoint question within the repeat. I never had to tap on the GPS button for the geopoint question to update.

I tested this with 3.12 and the 3.13 Release Candidate from the Survey123 Early Adopter program.

Repeat Locations.gif

BethanyCrenshaw1
New Contributor III

Thank you so much for testing this and the demo.  This is great.  It looks like we added a step that we did not need.  I just tested my team's survey and it worked as it should on all of the repeats.