Calculations using Survey123 form in browser

08-03-2018 09:03 AM
TaylorRobin1
New Contributor II

When filling out a Survery123 form using a browser, my calculations from Survey123 Connect do not go through. On my mobile device and the desktop app they work. Is this know issue? Is there something I can do to get this to work on the browser?

48 Replies
TroyGerhardt1
New Contributor III

I have this issue too. The calculations I am trying to run work in Connect, but not after being published and accessed in a browser.

I am publishing from Connect version 3.9.120.

My form is attached if that helps.

0 Kudos
DSIProvince_Nord
New Contributor III

Must be the same issue I had :

Remove the property("deviceid") and use the deviceid field type instead.

0 Kudos
TroyGerhardt1
New Contributor III

That worked!

Sorry about the slow reply - I just now got back to that project.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
MarcCavallaro
New Contributor III

This really shouldn't be so difficult, I must be missing something obvious.  I am just trying to create an url based on a predefined string concatenated with values from one field (https://myportal.com/projects/project1234/project1234_All.pdf).  It works fine in connect and in field app but get NaN on the web browser.

@JamesTedrick any ideas?

Very simple calculation:

concat("https://myportal.org/projects/"+${drawingno}+"/"+${drawingno}+"_All.pdf")
0 Kudos
KarinaLivingston
Occasional Contributor

@MarcCavallaro  did you figure this out?

0 Kudos
MarcCavallaro
New Contributor III
No, it still doesn't work. We just had to mandate that the users had to use the app to enter data.
0 Kudos
KarinaLivingston
Occasional Contributor

Ok, thanks for getting back to me. 

0 Kudos
KarinaLivingston
Occasional Contributor

Hi Marc,

We were able to figure out our issue with the body of our email not populating in the web form while also pulling in variables from our survey form. This is the code we used in our Calculation field on a note question.

concat(‘<a href="mailto:’,${email},’?subject=Annexation Application Invoice&amp;body=Good Afternoon ’, ${owner},’,%0D%0A%0D%0APlease see the attached annexation application invoice. This payment will cover all attorney, recording, and processing fees. Payment is due within 30 days. Please note that an unpaid balance greater than 90 days will inactivate this annexation application and will require a new application and payment to proceed.%0D%0A%0D%0AIf you have any questions or need any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact Elba Cendejas at (772) 466-1600 Ext. 3227 or email AR@fpua.com. %0D%0A%0D%0AThank you,%0D%0A%0D%0A”>Email</a>’)

0 Kudos
LiamHarrington-Missin
Occasional Contributor II

Hi there,

I'm also got trouble with this.  My use case is to do with dates and grouping.  For my dashboard I want to be able to aggregate (group by and/or filter by) survey results by week and by month.  E.g. show all surveys submitted in the week commencing Mon 13th March.  The date category in the dashboard doesn't allow this, so I need to manipulate the category field.  I know it should be possible in data expressions in Dashboard but that hurts my brain.  Instead I thought I'd hard code it into my survey as hidden questions.

Attached is the spreadsheet but when I publish as a web survey the fields "Date (Week Commencing)" and "Date (Month Commencing)" don't populate.  Any ideas how to get my desired outcome?  Even if it is a code snippet to use in Dashboard rather than hard code into the survey.

Liam
0 Kudos