Calculation value gets set to null after adding repeat

09-07-2018 11:44 AM
roemhildtg
Occasional Contributor III

I have a survey that gets populated one of two ways 

- By opening a link from collector that has the GlobalIDWithBraces={global-id-value}

- By opening an assignment in workforce where the workforce app passes GlobalID directly

I have my some hidden fields to handle these cases. First, ProjectGlobalID is set to calculate its value from this:

${ProjectGlobalIDWithBraces}

When collector is used, the survey works. But when workforce is used, the value of ProjectGlobalID is initially set correctly, but after adding a related record from a repeat, the ProjectGlobalID gets reset to null. 

Anyone have a good idea how to handle these two cases?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Gregg,

A couple of things:

- You should no longer need to handle globalids with braces differently - this was addressed in 3.0.  

- The field is the same name in the parent form and the repeat section - that isn't allowed in Survey123.

0 Kudos
roemhildtg

Thanks for the note on the global id - that fixed all the issues I was having regards to that. 

We also have some ipads that are still running IOS 10, and it appears that Survey123 will not update to 3.0 on those devices. Any advice on how to handle the global id situation for that? Some devices run 3.0, while others won't. It would be nice if the global id fix got backported to versions for older devices.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Gregg,

Can you confirm the version of iOS 10? With 3.0, iOS 10 became the minimum required version.

0 Kudos
roemhildtg

I'm seeing IOS 10. (10.3.3 to be exact).

And survey 123 won't update any further than this:

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Gregg,

This makes a bit more sense.  Based on the model number, this is an iPad (4th Generation) (2012-2014).  The CPU is a 32-bit CPU; support for those devices was discontinued with 3.0.

0 Kudos
roemhildtg

I see. I didn't realize my ipad was that old! Lol. Thanks for the info and following up. 

0 Kudos