calculate field in Survey123 does not use label or alias as field name

05-03-2018 09:46 AM
LynnBerni
Occasional Contributor II

I have several calculate fields in my survey and noticed that the field name in the data table is not recognizing either the label field or the bind::esri:fieldAlias field. Just the name field.

Is this a known issue?  I'm using Survey123 connect v2.6.6.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lynn,

Were the label/fieldAlias columns updated?  Survey123 Connect currently does not update the alias value on republishing.

0 Kudos
LynnBerni

Hi James,

I'm not sure what you mean by "updated". Can you explain further?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Survey123 does not change the field aliases to reflect changes in the label or esriFieldAlias columns after the initial creation of a field.  If, for example, you alter a label after a form was initially created, it will not also alter the label.

LynnBerni

Ok, that makes sense...thanks.  That must be what happened...I must have created the calculate field and then added the labels/aliases after.  So it shouldn't have anything to do with the fact that it's a calculate field type, correct?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Since calculate questions do not require labels and don't generate a warning if they are missing, it makes it more likely that they are omitted than with other question types.

PhilipLeGrone
New Contributor III

Is this still the case in Survey123 Connect where updates on bind::esri:fieldAlias  after the initial publishing won't be reflected in the hosted feature layer?

0 Kudos