Caching of text entries does not work in Survey123 App

Jump to solution
02-28-2017 11:11 PM
vanessagiles
New Contributor III

When designing a survey using Survey123 Web, it is possible to set caching for responses that will be repeated so that users won't have to retype their answers for each subsequent survey.  I am finding that this doesn't work on either iPhone or Android App.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Is there a way of fixing it?

11 Replies
RobertTaylor5
New Contributor III

I am trying to use the cache answer feature in Survey 123 for ArcGIS version 3.9.148 on an iPad mini and this still does not seem to work.  @ESRI support: do you know the status of this bug???

0 Kudos
AlvaroFaria
New Contributor II

Hello ESRI Support Team,

I would like to add to this thread another question. I have already read in another post that the configuration for the caching is controlled in a different table than the XSLForm configuration (here). So, is that a way to keep this configuration once I start my survey in the web design then I migrate to the Surve123 Connect app to finish configuring the survey?

To give some more details: What is happening now is, I do the inicial configuration in the Survey123 web designer setting the configuration for some questions to be cached. Then, I need to configure the survey to work in English and French. That must be done using the XLSForms. Once I finish editing the XSLForm file, I republish the survey, then I lose the cache feature.

Unfortunately, I cannot use the field app since we are publishing our app internally in our enterprise solution that is locked for external access.

Thank you in advance for your comments.

0 Kudos