Caching of text entries does not work in Survey123 App

Jump to solution
02-28-2017 11:11 PM
vanessagiles
New Contributor III

When designing a survey using Survey123 Web, it is possible to set caching for responses that will be repeated so that users won't have to retype their answers for each subsequent survey.  I am finding that this doesn't work on either iPhone or Android App.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Is there a way of fixing it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ElizabethBrown2
New Contributor II

Yes, I've been having the same problem! This cache feature seems to work fine when entering data into the browser, but not the app itself.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
ElizabethBrown2
New Contributor II

Yes, I've been having the same problem! This cache feature seems to work fine when entering data into the browser, but not the app itself.

0 Kudos
vanessagiles
New Contributor III

Sorry I forgot to post the outcome of this query.  I believe it is a feature of the web-designed forms however the caching has yet to be added to the forms created using Connect.  That's my understanding.  Best to use favourites in the app instead.

ElizabethBrown2
New Contributor II

Thanks for the response, Vanessa! What is the favorites feature in the app you're referring to? Also do you know if ESRI has any plans to incorporate text chaching in the next version of the app?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Elizabeth,

The mobile application has the ability to cache an entire survey form as the 'Favorite' survey; it currently can't cache an individual answer at this time.  See Quick reference—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS for more information.

0 Kudos
MaureenPeniuk
New Contributor II

I hope it does soon. As for sampling multiple sites in one day, it would be great if for certain questions, one could set it up so the previous response for that question came in as the default for that question for the next submission.

0 Kudos
MaureenPeniuk
New Contributor II

I just found the set as favourite - and paste favourite - at  the top right of the form in the app; that is just what I needed!

0 Kudos
MiriamOlivares1
New Contributor II

James Tedrick, can you please share the status (or a URL to discussion) of cache? A researcher in my institution would like to use cache answers design in connect (not web). Is it possible to enable cache on the excel form? Thanks in advance.

ConorFlynn
New Contributor III

Please add individual answer caching!

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Another vote.  Esp for super long lists where a subset is used a lot each day.  Most other form programs attempt to learn user answers over time.  Even moving the last picked item to the top of the list would be a start.

0 Kudos