Bug: body::esri:visible not working for image or audio questions

10-06-2020 12:58 AM
LaurenceTait
Occasional Contributor II

The body::esri:visible option doesn't have any effect on image or audio questions. These types of questions can be made invisible by placing them into a group, and rendering the group invisble. But on their own, the body::esri:visible option has no effect at all.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hi Laurence,

Since hiding questions using the body::esri:visible column is currently a beta feature, this post would be better placed on the Early Adopter forum. That way it could potentially be addressed before the body::esri:visible column is officially supported. This behaviour is because image and audio questions are actually attachments to the feature service, but is definitley a valid enhancement. Thanks for identifying this, I'll update the Early Adopter documentation to list it as a known limitation for now.

Brett

0 Kudos
TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

This blog seems to illustrate that image questions are supported under body::esri:visible but I am still seeing image questions when I try and use it on version 3.15 connect.  Is this still not supported and is there a work around?

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-hidden-relevant-an...

0 Kudos
LaurenceTait
Occasional Contributor II

Amazing that years later ESRI still hasn't addressed this bug despite the functionality becoming standard.

You'll have to use the same solution we've all been using for 2 years - put the image into a group and hide the group.

JoãoMartins1
New Contributor II

And it still not working on "file" questions.

I think it wasn't registered as a BUG. 

0 Kudos