BUG-000147388 (Prepopulating answers.....

06-27-2022 02:18 PM
JamesFaron
Occasional Contributor

Just an update that BUG-000147388 (Prepopulating answers through a custom URL doesn’t work in Survey123 Field App when the questions have a relevant statement) does not seem to be fixed on the latest version of the Survey123 field app after upgrading from 3.14. Survey123 Connect upgraded to 3.15.165, and Survey123 field app upgraded to 3.15.145. This is for ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1. I logged this with technical support, but I've banging this around for a couple of days now as well. Any advice, confirmation, and prognosis from the Survey123 team would be greatly appreciated!

3 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @JamesFaron

We do have BUG-000148082 logged which is very similar to BUG-000147388 just referring to relevancy that is n levels deep. BUG-000147388 resolved the issue for relevancy that is 1 level deep but greater than that is referenced in BUG-000148082. 

If you can pass along your XLSForm and URL scheme that you are using I can confirm if it's the same as BUG-000148082 or a new issue. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
JamesFaron
Occasional Contributor

Zach,

Thank you for the response. It is as you say: there are a lot of relevant questions in this survey, and the data that is not coming through is based on an answer to a relevant  question, which is itself a relevant question. What is peculiar is that it was working in an earlier version of the survey123 app (we've been using this survey for a couple of years now).

I can send you the XLSForm and URL scheme in a private channel if it still might be useful to you. Otherwise, do you have a prognosis as to when we can expect a fix for this?

Thank you,

James Faron

0 Kudos
JamesFaron
Occasional Contributor

I guess the lack of response to the question regarding the prognosis for a fix means that it is not in Ersi's plans to fix this, at least in the near term, which seems odd because it was working in prior releases, which means that this is not an enhancement request. It's hard to explain this to users who are counting on a functionality that they were successfully using until they dutifully upgrade the application.

0 Kudos