Blank Records in Edited Repeat Sections (Survey123 for ArcGIS)

Jump to solution
10-13-2019 01:53 AM
JosephDindiok
New Contributor

I have created this form which has repeated sections. Anytime forms submitted by field enumerators have to be edited by me from the inbox, the entries in the repeated sections come with blank records. This problem is true for the current beta and other older versions of Survey123 for ArcGIS. This experience is not different on Android devices. Please, is there something I’m missing or need to understand? I should be able to edit already submitted forms with all the data or records in the repeated sections intact. Attached screenshot is taken from a repeated section of one of the submitted forms having empty records.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. The behavior you describe is normal.By default the app never brings any related records into the Inbox. However, you can modify this behavior and have the app retrieve all or some of the related records. You can also control what type of access (read-only or read&write) will the related record have while in the Inbox.

The details of the different options available are described in the Repeats section of the Prepare for editing existing survey data—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation help topic.

In short, in the bind::esri:parameters XLSForm column, for the begin repeat row,  add the following expression to download all related records in read-write mode:

query allowUpdates=true

You could also do this to only download related records where the statusField has a value of 'Validation Needed'

query="statusField='Validation Needed'" allowUpdates=true

If you want to download all related records as read-only, and allow users to add new related records, you can do:

query allowUpdates=false

If you want to download all related records as read-only and do not allow new records to be added:

query allowUpdates=false allowAdds=false

Again, the doc describes in detail all the things you can do.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. The behavior you describe is normal.By default the app never brings any related records into the Inbox. However, you can modify this behavior and have the app retrieve all or some of the related records. You can also control what type of access (read-only or read&write) will the related record have while in the Inbox.

The details of the different options available are described in the Repeats section of the Prepare for editing existing survey data—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation help topic.

In short, in the bind::esri:parameters XLSForm column, for the begin repeat row,  add the following expression to download all related records in read-write mode:

query allowUpdates=true

You could also do this to only download related records where the statusField has a value of 'Validation Needed'

query="statusField='Validation Needed'" allowUpdates=true

If you want to download all related records as read-only, and allow users to add new related records, you can do:

query allowUpdates=false

If you want to download all related records as read-only and do not allow new records to be added:

query allowUpdates=false allowAdds=false

Again, the doc describes in detail all the things you can do.

Thanks!

JosephDindiok
New Contributor

Ismael Chivite, your intervention was helpful. I appreciate it. Thanks.

0 Kudos