Barcode Field Not Showing When Filtering the Survey123 Website Data Table

Jump to solution
10-12-2020 11:43 AM
Billy
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

As you can see in the image below, I have 2 field that are connected to Barcode questions in my form. When I try to filter the records in the Survey123 Website, the barcode fields are not available. Is this the expected behavior?

One of the question is about the meter number. How can I search for an specific meter number in the records without using the filter feature?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Billy,

The barcode issue is fixed in beta version, could you please try to log in to https://survey123beta.arcgis.com/ and try the filter function again to see if you could see and select barcode fields?

For the Find function, it will work with keyword search but since it will search all possible keywords, you may get lots of return strings instead. Filter will still work better when you have a large amount of records and want to narrow down the search within a specifc field.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Billy,

For the barcode fields, did you click the plus sign within the attribute table and make sure all columns are visible?

If you would like to perform a quick search of the attribute records, make sure the fields are visible and click the "Find" option on your web browser, that way you could search a specific value quickly without using the filter function.

0 Kudos
Billy
by

Hi Jeng,

Thanks for your answer. I confirmed the fields that were visible and the barcode fields were checked. Also, I selected the "All Columns" option but the barcode fields didn't show in the filter pane. I have 16 barcode question in my form and none of those fields show in the filter pane.

One questions regarding the "Find" option in the browser. Does it work when you have hundreds of records? I ask because I noticed that the filter pane has an option that says "Apply filter to all pages". Right now I only have 37 records that might be in a single page.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Billy,

The barcode issue is fixed in beta version, could you please try to log in to https://survey123beta.arcgis.com/ and try the filter function again to see if you could see and select barcode fields?

For the Find function, it will work with keyword search but since it will search all possible keywords, you may get lots of return strings instead. Filter will still work better when you have a large amount of records and want to narrow down the search within a specifc field.

0 Kudos
Billy
by

Hi,

The filter for the barcode fields is working in the beta version.

Thanks.

0 Kudos