Autopopulate Geopoint based on select_one

Jump to solution
08-17-2021 10:49 AM
jfiacco
New Contributor III

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way to autopopulate the geopoint question in Survey123 based on the user's selection on the select_one question? 

I'm currently building out a survey for well inspectors and am trying to automate as much as possible. I'd like them to be able to select the well they are inspecting and have the survey populate an address/location in the background based on the well they've selected. I know I can automate the geopoint to collect data based on their location but I'd prefer to use a consistent lat/long from our data to populate points. Is this possible? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it's certainly possible. You'll need to use Survey123 Connect to do it. Check out the documentation for working with external content.

The example given is essentially what you'd want, in which your CSV would have information about the various wells (address, lat, lon, etc) and could pull them based on a selected choice.

Your table "well_details.csv" would look something like this:

WellLatLonAddressStatus
140721232 Main StOpen
24276836 Clodhopper Ln

Closed

And so on.

Then the fields in your Survey123 form would look like this:

pulldata('well_details', 'Address', 'Well', ${well_id_question})

EDIT: I should mention, if you're trying to populate the geopoint specifically, you will need to concatenate the lat/lon from your CSV.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it's certainly possible. You'll need to use Survey123 Connect to do it. Check out the documentation for working with external content.

The example given is essentially what you'd want, in which your CSV would have information about the various wells (address, lat, lon, etc) and could pull them based on a selected choice.

Your table "well_details.csv" would look something like this:

WellLatLonAddressStatus
140721232 Main StOpen
24276836 Clodhopper Ln

Closed

And so on.

Then the fields in your Survey123 form would look like this:

pulldata('well_details', 'Address', 'Well', ${well_id_question})

EDIT: I should mention, if you're trying to populate the geopoint specifically, you will need to concatenate the lat/lon from your CSV.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS