Automatic transfer of attribute to Survey123 from Collector not working

Jump to solution
10-17-2016 01:18 PM
OscarSepulveda_III
Occasional Contributor

I have developed a hydrant map with popups that contain a hyperlink to a form built within Survey123.  Utilizing the recent post by Ismael ChiviteUnderstanding Survey123's custom URL Scheme I have been able to transfer each hydrant's unique id (facilityID).  Using Collector and Survey123 on my desktop the workflow works perfectly.  Yet, when I try the same process on my iPhone or iPad I only get ${facilityID} transposed into the form and not the unique id.

Please help. I have included some screen shots showing the workflow from my Mac.  The copied hydrant form URL is:

http://pasgis.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=484c436819d7469aa62b2904452771cb 

Popup Configure screen Popup Hyperlink configure

Popup Screen (Title shows Survey123 screenshot from Mac showing

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OscarSepulveda_III
Occasional Contributor

Ok, I found the glitch... I had two feature services with different names showing within 'My Content' and the correct subfolder.  Yet, once these maps were viewed in 'Map Viewer', the underlying maps had the exact same name "Hydrant Maintenance".  Which confused the URL Scheme going from Collector to Survey123 only on smartphones and tablets, not desktops for some reason.

I thank you both for your assistance Ismael Chivite and James Tedrick.  Still learning and achieving minor victories!!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. I am not sure I follow here. Your screenshots indicate  that the only attribute from your Hydrant layer  that you are passing to Survey123 is the FacilityID. I would not expect any other attribute  to be passed  (in your Desktop or Phone).

0 Kudos
OscarSepulveda_III
Occasional Contributor

That is correct.  I only want the FacilityID to be passed to the survey, but it only works on my desktop (Mac or Windows).  When I try this on my smartphone, the only passed thru is ${facilityID} not the actual hydrant ID aka facilityID.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Ah. I see. Looking closer into your URL in the Custom Attribute  Display I noticed that  you are  separating the parameters using a semicolon instead of using an ampersand (&). Can you please try fixing that? Try something like:

<a href='arcgis-survey123://?itemID=484c436819d7469aa62b2904452771cb&field:facilityID={facilityID}'>Hydrant Form</a>

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Oscar,

Can you double-check the capitalization of your field names?  I was able to replicate this behavior with a mis-capitalized field name; iOS is also case-sensitive whereas the desktop macOS is not.

0 Kudos
OscarSepulveda_III
Occasional Contributor

The field names are correct as seen below and have no bearing upon the workflow.

I have repeatedly inputted the following hyperlink and it automatically reverts the ampersand back to the screen shot below...

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=484c436819d7469aa62b2904452771cb &field:facilityID={facilityID}

popup config ampersand revert

I am also now receiving these messages within Survey123 connect ... 

Survey123 connect

And when Collector tries to open Survey213 I get the following message on the bottom. Yet from the screenshot you  can see the form had been downloaded and updated.

Survey123 download required error

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

The ampersand conversion &amp; is expected as part of saving pop-up - it looks the same as my working samples.  The garbled text issue is a known issue that we are working to solve. 

It's a little hard to tell if there was a cut&paste formatting issue, but when you provided the arcgis-survey123 url in the comment above, there is a space between the formID and the ampersand.  I'm able to replicate the experience of having the app report the survey has not downloaded when it is already there when there is a space after the form id. 

OscarSepulveda_III
Occasional Contributor

I checked the URL and ensured it did not have a space.  It still works on my desktop, but passes ${facilityID} to my iPhone.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Can you provide a screen capture of the 'Configure Attributes' screen or the layer's feature service URL?  

0 Kudos
OscarSepulveda_III
Occasional Contributor

Here is a screen shot of the 'Configure Attributes'

Configure Attributes

Current hydrants URL http://services2.arcgis.com/zNjnZafDYCAJAbN0/arcgis/rest/services/PAS_Fire_Hydrant_Inspection_FMZ_Sh... 

or from the address bar:

http://pasgis.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=9f1862e5b05644d3ab4633e940e32976 

This is the URL for the actual form, but it does not contain a 'URL' box at the bottom as shown in the pic below which the feature service does contain.

http://pasgis.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=484c436819d7469aa62b2904452771cb 

URL Details Box

0 Kudos