Automate map zoom based on data entered in earlier field

10-07-2021 07:16 AM
FredMitchell
Occasional Contributor

I have two survey123 forms connected to the same feature service. The first is for receiving requests and the second is for inspectors to follow-up with the requests. With the first we are trying to capture a street address as just text (not the point location for the map) and then a point location on a map of where on the resident's property they are having issues. This is important because if we reverse geocode form the point sometimes we get the wrong street address for the inspector to go to. On the flip side if we just use the street address and it's a large parcel of land and no one is home it helps to have a more accurate point to navigate to once we've arrived.

Residents are frustrated that they have to enter their address twice. I'd like the map for the point location to automatically zoom once they've entered their address in the text field. I've tried using the calculate field on the geopoint field with the name of the address field but it doesn't work. Any assistance in getting this to work would be greatly appreciated!

11 Replies
ArmstKP
Occasional Contributor III

I am having this exact issue on the web form.  Would be nice if this bug was fixed soon.

0 Kudos
ArmstKP
Occasional Contributor III

@FredMitchell This is now possible to add your locator into the search section of the map in the form.

0 Kudos