Autofilling a response from one question to another question

Jump to solution
06-08-2023 06:13 AM
will_hemenover
New Contributor

Hello, 

I am very new to using Survey123 Connect and am attempting something that seems simple but I cannot seem to find a solution.

Because of the use of a repeat in my form, a part of my response data is distributed to two separate tabs when I export it to an Excel sheet. One for the responses within the repeat, and those that are outside the repeat. This was done partially for a reason, so that the user does not have to repeatedly fill in extra data when they identify a new species. However, I would like the zone and the date and time fields to be included in the repeat data tab, otherwise it is unclear which species came from which zone. I have been attempting to make a Zone# question that is inside the repeat as well and just have the responses put in the previous Zone# field autofill for that field in the repeat.

I have tried to use concat( in the calculate field of the second Zone# to do this, but with no success. Please let me know if there is anything I can do or if I need to restructure this in a different way. I attached a screenshot of my form. 

Screenshot 2023-06-08 090811.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

You want zone2 be filled with the answer of zone 1, right? Then you just put ${zone1} into the calculation field.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

You want zone2 be filled with the answer of zone 1, right? Then you just put ${zone1} into the calculation field.

will_hemenover
New Contributor

Yes that's it, thank you so much for your help!

0 Kudos