Autocomplete not working properly for Edge or IE browsers

11-09-2018 09:40 AM
TregChristopher
Occasional Contributor

I am creating web forms through S123 Connect and am seeing an issue with Edge and IE browsers on an autocomplete field.

For field "SpeciesName" a user should be able to begin typing and find any values that include the characters I have entered (regardless of the position of those characters in the name: a "CONTAINS" query). This works for most browsers. However, for Edge and IE, it will only find names that BEGIN with the characters I enter: a "STARTSWITH" query. So typing "west" in Chrome shows both species that begin with "western" in their name and also others that have "west" anywhere in their name like 'northwestern". Edge/IE only shows the ones that begin with "west". Anyone else seeing this behavior? Any ideas for solving?

Autocomplete in Chrome

Autocomplete in Chrome

Autocomplete in IE

autocomplete in IE

4 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Treg

I have reproduced the issue and raised it as a bug.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
TregChristopher
Occasional Contributor

Hi John,

What do you think the turn around time is for fixing a bug like this? i.e. When is next S123 release and is it possible that it would be fixed by that next version?

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Zhifang Wang‌ added

0 Kudos
TregChristopher
Occasional Contributor

As of June 23, 2020 the Edge browser's (Microsoft Edge 44.18362.449.0, Microsoft EdgeHTML 18.18363) the auto-complete is still only looking for values that begin with what your typing, not anywhere else in the text.

0 Kudos