Autocomplete for select_one question causing error in web browser

Jump to solution
01-08-2021 11:05 AM
Jonathan1517
New Contributor II

Hey, I haven't had this issue before but now I can't seem to get rid of it. In my survey123 form I have this field here:

Careen_Jonathan_0-1610130430913.png

After I publish it and try to open it in the web bowser, this is what comes up:

Careen_Jonathan_1-1610132590693.png

If I remove the autocomplete the error goes away and the form works properly. The autocomplete is needed because it will be used to select an employee name from a larger list. Has anyone had this issue before and is there a way to fix it?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jonathan1517
New Contributor II

Hey @Anonymous User,

I found out what the issue was. Survey123 in the web browser didn't like that the form ID started with numbers. The second I recreated it and published without any numbers, I never had an issue. 

Thanks for reaching out, much appreciated.

Jon

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Jonathan1517,

Can you please provide a copy of your xlsx file (with the autocomplete included) so we can take a closer look. Also let us know which question (line number) has the error.

I haven't seen this error before with autocomplete, so it coudl be a combination of other questions in the form or the values used in the autocomplete dropdown.

Regards,

Phil.

Jonathan1517
New Contributor II

Hey @Anonymous User,

I found out what the issue was. Survey123 in the web browser didn't like that the form ID started with numbers. The second I recreated it and published without any numbers, I never had an issue. 

Thanks for reaching out, much appreciated.

Jon