Auto Populate Addresses

01-20-2017 12:24 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I'm creating a survey123 to collect asset locations, I was wondering if I can make fields in the survey autopopulate with a nearby address depending where the geopoint is placed?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tim,

This sounds very similar to the request in Autocomplete survey Addresses and pin it to geopoint map .  In your workflow, would the address come from a a table of authoritative address (i.e., parcels, master address repository) or be calculated from a an geocoding (address to lat/long & reverse)?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was thinking maybe it can get the address information from a nearby point shapefile or by joining the survey to a table based on spatial location (XY coords).

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I don't know anything about Survey123 but I do know a thing or two about addressing and selecting an address, as I'm responsible for that about 2,000 times a day at a busy 9-1-1 call center.

Let's say you're field worker is collecting as asset located under an intersection, and your 'nearby point shapefile' provides 25 address points within your specified search radius.  Which one is the correct one?

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good question, I haven't thought of that. I would say the closest one.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Just to play devil's advocate;  at a four-way intersection, you may have 4 closest address points, right?  Not busting your chops here,  just sayin'....  

In 9-1-1 it sure makes a difference, maybe not so much in your application.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
DeenaBowman
Occasional Contributor

this might be where the additional parameter of direction comes into play for capturing Geopoints, though I certainly haven't tested as we only need the XY values.

0 Kudos