Select to view content in your preferred language

Audio audit for backchecks in an enumerated survey

Jump to solution
02-22-2023 09:31 AM
djensen
New Contributor

We are in the early stages of exploring survey platforms for a project that will use enumerated surveys. One functionality we need from the platform is the ability to record some surveys so we can perform backchecks for quality control.

How we have handled this in past surveys is to ask for permission to record in the informed consent, then randomly record a portion of the survey in the background, for example, for 10% of surveys collected. This approach is preferable because (i) the enumerator doesn't know which surveys will be audited, and (ii) not recording every survey saves us space on the device.

Is this something that can be accomplished in Survey123? I see in the documentation here and here that you can record audio files, but it appears that (i) the audio must be recorded for all surveys, and (ii) the person entering the data must press record to begin.

For example, SurveyCTO (also ODK-based) has created the "audio audit" field for this exact purpose, but this isn't a base functionality of ODK, so I assume Survey123 doesn't have this field type. Is there a workaround?

All our surveys would be collected via the Survey123 Collect app, not via a web browser.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @djensen  The "audio audit" functionality present in SurveyCTO is not currently implemented in Survey123.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @djensen  The "audio audit" functionality present in SurveyCTO is not currently implemented in Survey123.

0 Kudos