Attribute table in Survey123 has raw html code in the fields when there shouldn't be

Jump to solution
09-24-2021 08:05 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Title says it all. I created a survey via Survey123 Connect, published it, and some of my fields are just raw html code despite not having code in those fields. Does anyone know why this is happening? Screenshot of table 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User ,

Can you provide details on how the names were placed in the XLSX file?  One thing that occurs to me is if they were copied from a rich text source (say, MS Word or copied from an HTML page), they may have HTML embedded that wasn't visible.  The HTML appears to come from a WPForms, which is a WordPress Forms plug-in (note the wpforms value in the name attribute).

You can alter the alias in the feature service's Item Details page - go to 'Data' and select the 'Fields' view. Click on the field you want to re-name and edit the name:

Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 10.05.13 AM.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi @Anonymous User ,

This is to be expected for the field aliases - your form labels have HTML and they are used directly as the field aliases when you publish a survey.  You can clean up the aliases using the Item Details page for the feature service.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for responding. I apologize but I am not sure what you mean when you say the form labels have HTML. The XLS does not have any HTML in the label column so they shouldn't be in the field name. Also, it doesn't explain why some field names are just HTML and others are text. 

Another question I have is how do I clean up aliases in the Item Details page? I do not see the option to do that.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi @Anonymous User ,

Can you provide details on how the names were placed in the XLSX file?  One thing that occurs to me is if they were copied from a rich text source (say, MS Word or copied from an HTML page), they may have HTML embedded that wasn't visible.  The HTML appears to come from a WPForms, which is a WordPress Forms plug-in (note the wpforms value in the name attribute).

You can alter the alias in the feature service's Item Details page - go to 'Data' and select the 'Fields' view. Click on the field you want to re-name and edit the name:

Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 10.05.13 AM.png

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Able to edit in the "data' tab, thanks!

0 Kudos