Attachments not showing up in inbox (3.14)

Jump to solution
05-20-2022 10:33 AM
AndrewBowne
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

As I have read, attachments are now supported in the inbox for the field apps.  For some reason,  its not working for me.  I have several records with attachments and when I try to view them in the inbox, there are no attachments.  

Also, if I try to bring up an existing record in the web form, no attachments exist there either.  Am I doing something wrong?

I've attached my xlsx as  well as a couple screenshots for illustration.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @AndrewBowne

If your attachments were not attached to the record using Survey123 (if they were attached using Field Maps or a Web Map) they will not have any keywords associated with them. Survey123 uses attachment keywords to associate what attachments correspond with what image question. If the attachments don't have keywords then Survey123 does not know how to correctly map the images. 

Seeing the images display under "Attachments" for the record is a tell-tale sign that they don't have keywords. 

Please see this article for one way of updating the records to create keywords for the attachments. We also have a Python notebook for automating the process of updating attachment keywords, but the limitation with this with your data is you will need to assign the same keyword for all attachments (the keyword is the name of your image question) 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @AndrewBowne

If your attachments were not attached to the record using Survey123 (if they were attached using Field Maps or a Web Map) they will not have any keywords associated with them. Survey123 uses attachment keywords to associate what attachments correspond with what image question. If the attachments don't have keywords then Survey123 does not know how to correctly map the images. 

Seeing the images display under "Attachments" for the record is a tell-tale sign that they don't have keywords. 

Please see this article for one way of updating the records to create keywords for the attachments. We also have a Python notebook for automating the process of updating attachment keywords, but the limitation with this with your data is you will need to assign the same keyword for all attachments (the keyword is the name of your image question) 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
AndrewBowne
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @ZacharySutherby ,

Thanks for the suggestions.  All the attachments were actually captured using Survey123.  What I wasn't aware of was that I needed to "Upgrade Attachments" for this feature layer.  I upgraded the attachments and manually removed/added a few attachments and it seemed to work as expected.  I have a bunch of surveys with existing records (and attachments) that were collected before the upgrade.  I'm hoping that running the Python Notebook you mention will solve the issue.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
JeremieCote
New Contributor III

Hello Andrew,

I have the same problem you described.

Problem is, I don't know how to Upgrade the Attachments like you said. I opened my feature layer with Arcgis Pro and tried to use the "Upgrade Attachments" tool but to no avail. I get an error message (see picture attached) saying I don't have the proper input.

Can you help?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
LaurenCammack01
New Contributor III

I am having a similar issue however I'm wanting to clarify a few things.

My Survey123 is referencing a feature layer from an standalone server, published and secured, and added to AGO. For all my images within the report it only pulls the first image that was entered into Survey123. Is this a known issue that I will need to Upgrade Attachments and add keywords whenever using existing feature layers that are housed not in AGO?

0 Kudos
JackFanZhang
Occasional Contributor

Could the Survey123 dev team please provide us update on when the file question will be supported in the inbox. I'm on ver3.17.55, the Inbox doesn't show file attachments. How far or close we are to get that?