Attachments not showing in Survey123 website when survey pointing to existing feature service

06-26-2019 08:16 AM
AnthonyJonesRSK
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

I have a Rev00 and Rev01 version of a survey each containing different records but using the same schema. I want to merge the data of these two surveys into the Rev01 version but am not sure the best way to do it. I'm struggling to do it with the append tool in ArcPro (appending direct to the feature service) due to issues retaining the GlobalID so instead I have tried downloading the two datasets, merged them in Pro and then republished as a new feature service. I then republished my Rev01 survey but used the submission url parameters to point it to the new feature service. This all seems to have worked fine in that I can see the merged records in the Survey123 website, however, I can't see any of the attachments in the Survey123 website analysis or data tabs. 

Is this expected behaviour? Is there a suggested workflow for merging two surveys whilst retaining all the functionality of the survey123 website?

Kind Regards

Anthony

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Anthony,

Apologies for the delay in responding (a combination of UC & vacation). 

When you merged the datasets in Pro, did you specifically enable the 'Preserve Attachments' option/environment setting?  That would be needed to keep the attachments.  Aside from that, there would also be a problem in that it is likely that the keywords associated with teh attachments will be lost (making it difficult to be able to tell which attachment belongs to which question).

0 Kudos
AnthonyJonesRSK
Occasional Contributor II

Hi James,

Thanks for the response, I appreciate the time you take to reply to these things given the number you must receive.

The attachments were preserved and can be viewed in the data tab of the feature service and in web maps. With regards to the keywords issue, is this something that can be resolved?

Thanks

Anthony

0 Kudos