Are Location Services not retained while data is retained in Survey123 Inbox when offline?

Jump to solution
06-22-2021 08:11 AM
GIS_Fox
Occasional Contributor III

Good morning & hello everyone!

I had an interesting question come up from one of our field users who is using Survey123 to collect data. When going into a location where the device location services fail, where internet is off/unavailable, or where offline-inbox use is a preset within buildings; are location or address search functions retained in offline use when the data is and sent when internet is regained? What we have encountered is that it is not the case for location or address search, and perhaps it is thus device specific? However, being that it is only the one instance we've encountered so far I wanted to pose it to the community to get a better answer as we continue to use this device and edit our Survey123 form accordingly. As always, I appreciate the chance to discuss and learn about this topic with the ESRI community and thank everyone for their time.

God bless,

Jansen Lyons

Records & GIS Section - Public Works,

City of Rio Rancho, NM, USA

Jansen Lyons - Records and GIS Section - Public Works - City of Rio Rancho, NM
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @GIS_Fox,

Yes location services and the captured location (geopoint/geotrace/geoshape) will work when the device is offline and be able to be submitted. If you are working offline (no internet, no gps etc) you will need to ensure you have an offline map package on the device to be able to see the basemap in the map question.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @GIS_Fox,

Yes location services and the captured location (geopoint/geotrace/geoshape) will work when the device is offline and be able to be submitted. If you are working offline (no internet, no gps etc) you will need to ensure you have an offline map package on the device to be able to see the basemap in the map question.

Regards,

Phil.