ArcGIS Survey123/Power Automate - Dynamic schema response from API 'survey123' operation 'GetWebhookPayloadSchema' is too large

03-04-2021 08:10 AM
LeilaJackson1
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying to add a Survey123 survey to a Power Automate workflow to send an Outlook email when a survey is submitted. This is a workflow that I had working for a year and it stopped working about 2 months ago. I deleted the old workflow (unfortunately) and I reconnected to the Survey123 connection per https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000022795

and am creating a new workflow.  I am able to add my survey, but when I add the Outlook send email step, I  cannot see dynamic content, and when I try to save the flow, I get the following error "The dynamic schema response from API 'survey123' operation 'GetWebhookPayloadSchema' is too large, only schemas with at most '1024' properties are supported." The error makes it sound like there are too many fields, but there are only about 300 fields in the survey. I tried adding other shorter surveys instead and was able to do that. Anyone have any ideas - Many thanks!

6 Replies
cbolen
by
New Contributor III

Any solution found? Experiencing same thing.

0 Kudos
LeilaJackson1

I have not found a solution. I posted here and on the power automate board and have gotten no responses.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Not sure if this will help as our problems seem different, but I'll give it a shot.

I have a very large survey (well over the 1024 soft limit). This was causing Power Automate to give me an error (same as yours) and prevent me from saving.

I set Include submitted record to No in the Trigger and the flow saved instantly (You can also edit the webhook in the S123 web page):

abureaux_0-1637350270894.png

0 Kudos
Michael_VanHatten
New Contributor III

Was there a solution or work around that worked for you? I have the same error message and if I set Include submitted record to No in the Trigger, I get some of the survey123 feature data like portal info and user name but none of the information from the survey questions. I am new to Microsoft automate, I have used Integromat in the past and in my experience Integromat works much better. My new job works in the Microsoft cloud so I have to use this. 

0 Kudos
LeilaJackson1

I still have not found a solution to this problem, and had to remove my notifications. I believe it is related to the length of the survey. I have a couple of shorter surveys and the notifications still work for those, but they do not work for the longer surveys.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I just looked at the initial response for my large survey, and I can see all my data and I am able to call on these dynamic content:

abureaux_0-1648828230195.png

What is the issue you are seeing exactly? Maybe I am misunderstanding.

0 Kudos