ArcGIS Online map update with Survey123 data

02-14-2022 09:38 AM
JackRuszkowski
New Contributor

Hello! I recently made a survey with Survey123 and connected it to a map in ArcGIS Online. I understand that the map should update every time a new survey is submitted. However, I joined two layers in the map so that the survey data can be analyzed in the context my farm's pasture areas, and I do not know if the survey data will also update through the join. Does new survey data automatically get incorporated into analyses in an ArcGIS Online map, or do I need to constantly update the map manually by rejoining the layers and re-performing the various analyses with the joined layer? 

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

If you are using the Join Features operation, you will need to run Join again and again every time you want information in the map to be updated.

I do not know the particulars of the Join operation you are doing, but it looks like you may also be able to run a process using a scheduled Notebook.

0 Kudos
RishardaHarley
New Contributor

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
DerrickWestoby
Occasional Contributor III

Like Ismael said, I think the recommendations you get are going to depend on the type of analysis you're trying to do. 

Depending on what that is, it could be possible to see real-time updates with some arcade expressions and visualization based on that.  For instance, you could have a polygon layer that's using an arcade function to summarize S123 points collected within each polygon and symbology that reflects the count of selected points, or if a "high priority" (or whatever) point is detected within a polygon. 
In general, I tend to think that "real-time updates for visualization" can be accomplished with arcade expressions for stuff like that, but "real-time updates for quantifiable summarization" would need something like what Ismael described because I want those values stored in fields, which arcade expressions in popups or visualization will not do (unless you run it manually via calculate fields) 

0 Kudos
RishardaHarley
New Contributor

Thank you! Much appreciated!

0 Kudos