ArcGIS Enterprise Sites Gallery Card button unable to open Survey123 Field App for a survey created in Survey123 Connect

06-06-2019 03:26 PM
Marie-LouLabuschagne
New Contributor III

I have a Survey created in Survey123 Connect Version 3.1.126.  I want to open this from a Gallery Card button in ArcGIS Enterprise Sites with <a class="btn btn-default" href="arcgis-survey123://?itemID=0328ba9f2ebb4a3681ced6ac08402272">Open form</a>, but that doesn't open the Survey123 Field App - nothing happens.

If I change the href to https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/0328ba9f2ebb4a3681ced6ac08402272?portalUrl=https://devmaps.huttci..., so that it opens directly in the browser, it tries to open the survey, but fails with the message "FormLogicError: instance "CameraLocation" does not exist in model".   It can't find the .csv file I use to add CameraLocation coordinates with pulldata.....

However, if I and an Image to ArcGIS Enterprise Sites and add arcgis-survey123://?itemID=0328ba9f2ebb4a3681ced6ac08402272 in the Image Hyperlink, it opens the Survey123 Field App without a problem.....

Any advice?

Cheers

Marie-Lou

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Marie-Lou,

It appears that custom URL schemes (such as arcgis-survey123 and arcgis-collector) are not allowed as valid links in the HTML processor being used by Sites. I'll let the Enterprise know.

0 Kudos
Marie-LouLabuschagne
New Contributor III

Thanks, James

Cheers

Marie-Lou

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will investigate if we can add support for this in the next release. Thanks for raising!

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

A fix for this was released to production. We added a much broader list of esri non-web links to our HTML sanitizer.

Thank you for reporting this!

Marie-LouLabuschagne
New Contributor III

I've tried again to invoke the Survey123 app from a card button with the link "arcgis-survey123://?itemID=insert your own Form item ID here", but it still doesn't work.  The only way I can launch the Survey123 app is from an Image, where I add the link in the Image Hyperlink..... 

I'm working with ArcGIS Enterprise Sites 10.7.1.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Marie-Lou,

Unfortunately, this is likely a situation where you will need to wait for this to be in the next version of ArcGIS Enterprise. An alternative would be to raise this with Esri Support to request this fix as a hotfix for ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1

0 Kudos
Marie-LouLabuschagne
New Contributor III

Hi James

No problem.  As a work-around, I built a one-button card, took a screen grab of it & saved it as an image.  I then added the image in my Site and linked the Survey123 form to that.  Works perfectly

0 Kudos